- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add flour and pecans; mix well. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Press the remaining mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In another mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg, beating just until combined. Beat in the cream, lemon juice, peel and vanilla. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved topping. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into diamonds. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forCheesecake Diamonds
"I have been making these since 1974 when I found them in my Better Homes & gardens dessert Cookbook. They are my "go-to" recipe when I don't want to make a whole cheesecake! Always a winner!"
"This recipe has been used a million times in our family-EVERYBODY loves it!!! It's been around a long time as well-I put a date on my recipes when I first use them and this is dated March 3, 2003!!"