Cheesecake Dessert Squares
These creamy squares are a nice alternative for folks who are invited to made a cheesecake or other fancy dessert. Fresh fruit on top gives them a little more elegance.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, separated
- Fresh fruit
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add egg yolks; beat on low speed just until combined.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour over crust. Bake for 28-39 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with fruit.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 168 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cheesecake Dessert Squares in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.