These elegant dessert pastries are so easy to make, but no one will believe it! I've served the fruit-filled crowns at brunch as well as after dinner.
- 2 packages (17.3 ounces each) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons water
- Fresh raspberries, blackberries and sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. Thaw three puff pastry sheets (save remaining sheet for another use). Unfold pastry; cut each into four squares. Gently press squares into greased jumbo muffin cups, pulling corners up and out of cups; press corners down onto muffin pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle 1 heaping tablespoonful into each muffin cup.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Spoon into pastry cups.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is almost set and pastry is golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 1 hour or until set.
- 5. For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough water to achieve a drizzling consistency. Garnish crowns with fresh berries if desired; drizzle with glaze. Refrigerate leftovers.
Dec 31, 1969
These were wonderful!!! I made them for work and they were so elegant looking, that they were the first things gone. Everyone asked for the recipe and they were so easy. Will make again for sure. Loved the fresh berries on top too!
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC