Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, egg, butter and nuts until well blended. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- 2. In small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Carefully spread over batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 230 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cheesecake Brownies
"I usually enjoy Taste of Home recipes, but this was probably the worst recipe of have ever used..cake that was packed in the pan fell apart, and the entire project was a mess. Bottom burned, and it just tasted terrible...I tore up the recipe, never to use again."
"absolutely wonderful :)"