- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) German chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg, butter and nuts; mix well. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside. Combine topping ingredients in another mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Carefully spread over batter. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forCheesecake Brownies
"I usually enjoy Taste of Home recipes, but this was probably the worst recipe of have ever used..cake that was packed in the pan fell apart, and the entire project was a mess. Bottom burned, and it just tasted terrible...I tore up the recipe, never to use again."
"absolutely wonderful :)"