Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, brown sugar and butter. Set aside 2 cups. Press the remaining mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk, lemon juice and vanilla just until combined. Pour over crust.
- 3. Sprinkle with reserved walnut mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 185 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cheesecake Bars
"I made this recipe last Christmas and it was good. The crust was different with the walnuts in it - didn't get soggy like graham crackers do. The filling was good - not as light as a traditional cheesecake, but still nice, and much easier to make and manage than the springform pan.Unfortunately there were only the two of us here when I made it, so I ended up throwing some away. This year I will make an 8x8 pan and halve the ingredients."