- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes (1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside. In the same saucepan, saute the onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from the heat; blend in sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Cheeseburger Soup
Sort By :
"Which is it? 8 ounces of cheese or 2cups? Help?? Please."
"Good soup. Reminded me of beer cheese soup. Family loved."
"This is a wonderful soup recipe! I have made it multiple times over the years and it is always a big hit."
"Absolutely delicious. I didn't have enough chicken broth, which is unusual for my house, so I used beef broth instead and it was delicious. My son who usually complains if I put celery in anything ate 2 big bowls and didn't even notice (I diced it very small). Thank you for sharing!!!"
"Prepared with 1 lb. of grd. round. Used half & half instead of milk (thats what I had on hand) used real cheese and did not use the sour cream. Very creamy as is, and full of flavor. Perfect for the 3qt. saucepot."