- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, celery and green pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in soup, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Stir in cheese.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Combine the egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Add beef mixture; mix well.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews forCheeseburger Pancakes
"This recipe is economical, filling, and just plain fun! This is a great way to stretch a pound of ground beef, I appreciate the amont of vegetables used, and my husband is a fan of the hamburger component. Plate up a couple of these and a side and you've got yourself a good meal! Thank you for the recipe, Donna."