Cheeseburger Meat Loaf Hoagies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 8 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, tomato sauce, oats, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press evenly into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Combine mayonnaise and ketchup; spread over meat loaf. Cut into eight rectangles; top each with tomato, cheese and bacon. Place on a baking sheet; broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 662 calories, 36g fat (15g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 1047mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 30, 2011
This is a definate Keeper! The whole family plus the neighbor enjoyed this. AAAH YUM
Sep 15, 2010
This was very tasty but next time I would add lettuce with the bacon.