Cheeseburger Meat Loaf Hoagies
"My family likes meat loaf sandwiches, and this one is something special," says Connie Boucher of Dixon, Missouri. "I worked as a school cook for 15 years and love to try new recipes."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 8 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, tomato sauce, oats, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press evenly into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Combine mayonnaise and ketchup; spread over meat loaf. Cut into eight rectangles; top each with tomato, cheese and bacon. Place on a baking sheet; broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 662 calories, 36g fat (15g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 1047mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Cheeseburger Meatloaf in Taste of Home April/May 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 30, 2011
This is a definate Keeper! The whole family plus the neighbor enjoyed this. AAAH YUM
Sep 15, 2010
This was very tasty but next time I would add lettuce with the bacon.