Cheeseburger Macaroni Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a bowl, combine soups, milk, basil and pepper; mix well. Stir in beef mixture. Fold in macaroni and cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Vary Cheeseburger Macaroni by using cream of onion sou-p for the cream of mushroom, small pasta shells for the elbow macaroni or Swiss cheese for the American cheese.
1 each: 291 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 846mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Macaroni
"Feed the Gang for less! You can definately stretch out these few basic ingredients to make a yummy one dish meal. I used the suggestion and used cream or onion & regular Cheddar cheese and it worked just fine. Also during browning of beef used a bit of cumin, chili pepper & steak seasoning. Husband took the leftovers to work the next day - and that's saying a lot! He's not a leftover guy :)"
"We has leftover meatloaf and I used it in the recipe in place of the ground beef. The kids didn't notice and all loved it. I will make it again. My husband loved this, too. Thanks!"