- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 4 slices reduced-fat process American cheese product
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, mustard and ketchup; set aside.
- Unroll dough starting at the seam. Pat into a 14x12-in. rectangle. Spoon meat mixture lengthwise down the center of the dough; top with cheese slices. Bring long sides of dough to the center over filling; pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- With a sharp knife, cut diagonal slits in top of loaf. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCheeseburger French Loaf
"Great recipe it was very easy to make and very tasty. I made it as directed but as others has indicated I think adding your favorite veggies would be a great addition."
"Super easy and super delicious!"
"Great recipe! I added green chiles because we like a bit of spice. I also made a beer dough in the bread machine instead of frozen dough. Its a good base recipe but i would recommend dressing it up a bit with onion and garlic powder too."
"I make this often and now just use this as a guide. I add in different spices and extra veggies sometimes!"
"This was such a hit with my family - I am making it again tonight."
"Very bland! Everyone ate it but no one liked it."
"This is fairly good, something different. I like to squirt just a little yellow mustard on top once it's finished cooking."
"Yummy and easy!"
"Absolutely delicious!! I can't believe it is only 277 calories. The whole family loved it! Will definitely make it again...and again!"
"We made this for Sunday night dinner...so yummy! The leftovers were great as well. This recipe would also be great for a football or superbowl party."