This recipe is a unique and healthy way to enjoy an American summer staple. You can also make the dressing with ranch dressing, 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard and 1 tablespoon of ketchup. —Laurie Rogerson, Ellington, Connecticut
Recommended: 30 Beef Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Crushed potato chips, optional
- In a small bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, whisk salad dressing and ketchup. In a large bowl, toss lettuces with half the dressing mixture; divide among four plates. Top with burger, cucumber, tomato, pickles, onion, and cheese. Serve with remaining dressing. Top with potato chips if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheeseburger Bowl in Taste of Home Summer 2018