Cheese Worms with Grasshopper Dip Recipe
- Sweetened shredded coconut
- Green liquid food coloring
- 24 whole cloves
- 6 string cheese
- 6 twirled mozzarella cheese sticks
- DIP BOWLS:
- 1 medium green pepper
- 12 green onions
- 2 pitted ripe olives
- Dip of your choice
- 1. Place coconut in a resealable plastic bag; add food coloring and shake to coat until color is evenly distributed. Sprinkle coconut onto a serving plate. Press two cloves into one end of each cheese stick for worm eyes. As cheese sticks reach room temperature, they can be positioned to appear more worm-like.
- 2. Cut green pepper in half lengthwise. Remove and discard stem and seeds. Cut the white portion from green onions; save for another use. Bend the green portion of onions in half for grasshopper legs. Attach six legs to each pepper half with toothpicks. For eyes, cut olives widthwise in half; attach to grasshoppers with toothpicks. Fill pepper halves with dip. Remove cloves from worms before eating. Yield: 12 cheese worms and 2 grasshopper bowls.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Sargento Twirls. Look for them in the dairy aisle of your grocery store.
1 each: 81 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.