- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Toasted French bread baguette slices
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Add the mushroom mixture, artichokes, spinach and red pepper.
- Transfer to a 3-qt slow cooker. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Serve with baguette slices. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews forCheese-Trio Artichoke & Spinach Dip
"Our congregation LOVES this! Omit the mushrooms & red pepper. Increase to two blocks cream cheese and cook in crockpot. Mmmmm... fantastic!"
"I made this for a pot luck dinner among friends and it was hit! Better than found at any restaurant. I now make a large batch and freeze it in smaller portions - Ready to defrost and take to any last minute get together! I serve it with tortilla chips."
"We were having a pizza& wings get together last night & I wanted a different dip to start things off.....this popped up just in time! Lets say the slow cooker was dipped clean..a HUGE hit at our house! better than many artichoke dips!I served w crackers,bread sticks & pita chip assortment...will be my holiday go to dip!"
"Made first time for a neighborhood block party and took the rest home and thoroughy enjoyed it for several more days on my own. Will make again for another function."
"Best artichoke dip that I have ever had. Made this as is with no changes. My husband likes this better than any that we have had at restaurants. Keeper. Thank you for the recipe."
"This is really really good! We used Ritz crakers though."
"Perfect dish for an app night!"
"I followed the receipt with these few changes. I used canned spinach that worked really well. I hand grated the Parmigiana cheese, omitted the sweet red pepper since it already seemed to have enough flavors and I thought that it would be just too much. It turned out so well that we ended up having it (with freshly baked bread) for our dinner."
"25g of Fat in 1/4 of a cup is a bit high. You can lighten this up without sacrificing much flavor. Sub in light mayo, light cream cheese, reduced fat parmesan and you can cut it almost in half!!"
"This is 'drop dead good eats.' Can be served either warm or at room temp. Personally, warm is my call."