- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 3-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn (about 16 ounces)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook tortellini according to package directions, adding corn during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain; transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCheese Tortellini with Tomatoes and Corn
"Like some of the other reviews, I also added additional salt and parmesan. I also threw in some raw spinach at the end to give more color to the dish. I liked it, but family thought it really lacked."
"easy. Delicious side. I added some salt and pepper at the end."
"Great summertime dish as you can eat it cold, too. I also added some bacon to boost the flavor a bit. Use fresh basil - it makes all the difference!"
"I was really surprised how good it was. Next time I'll add either chicken or poached salmon to make it a full meal. I put in 4 tbsp of olive oil by mistake instead of 4 tsp but didn't hurt it any. Next time I'll also add some salt."
"This is an excellent dish. I added 1/4 tsp. salt to the dish as it seemed a little bland. My husband and a dinner guest raved about it."
"Very good and very simple to make. Needed a little more flavor for my family, so added an extra 1/2 tsp. of salt and a little more Parmesan. Will make again."
"Like juicyfruit007, I also recommend this with grilled corn cut off the cob. It's a great dish for summer!"
"I would say this was fine, but just didn't "wow" me. My husband begrudgingly ate it, but said he wouldn't want to have it again. Overall it was easy to make and I like that it is healthy and low in sodium. I'm not sure if I'll make it again since Mr. Picky will be complaining about it. For non-vegetarians, I think some crumbled bacon would be a nice addition."
"This recipe is simple to make and very delicious. I will definitely make it again. I did add a dollop of "verde pasta sauce" to the finished dish for a little more flavor."
"This was wonderful! The fresh basil shines through making it the perfect meal on a hot night."