Cheese Tortellini Salad
This chilled toss will add color and variety to your holiday spread. Red and yellow peppers provide a delightful crunch, and an easy homemade dressing lends a lively flavor that will tingle taste buds.—Jennifer Kunz, Troy, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, mint and parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the arugula, artichokes, onion, peppers and cheese. Drain tortellini; add to arugula mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.