Cheese Tortellini Salad
This chilled toss will add color and variety to your holiday spread. Red and yellow peppers provide a delightful crunch, and an easy homemade dressing lends a lively flavor that will tingle taste buds.—Jennifer Kunz, Troy, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, mint and parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the arugula, artichokes, onion, peppers and cheese. Drain tortellini; add to arugula mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 150 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Cheese Tortellini Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010