Looking for a side dish to accompany grilled meat or chicken? Arlene Risius of Buffalo Center, Iowa sprinkles blue cheese, bread crumbs and a few other ingredients over tomato halves, then grills them for delicious results.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sprinkle cut side of tomatoes with salt, bread crumbs, cheese and onion. Drizzle with butter.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.