- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup picante sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, 2 tablespoons picante sauce, oats, onion, chili powder and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two 4-in. x 2-in. loaves; place in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Place the remaining picante sauce in a small microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Pour over meat loaves. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCheese-Topped Meat Loaves
"This was delicious! It turned out perfectly in the microwave. I used ground chuck. It was cooked through and not at all tough. By the way, I ate one loaf and saved the other for the next day. I reheated it in the microwave for 3 mins and again it was perfect."
"I have had many disasterous episodes making meatloaves. This by far, is the best recipe ever for that. I double the batch for a family of 4, bake it in the oven at 350 for 30 min, like a previous poster stated, and it comes out fabulous! Everyone loves it! It's definatly a regular in our house"
"I was skeptical at first, not too sure about microwaved beef, however, this was fantabulous!! I made the first two in the micro and threw the rest in the oven, b/c i knew this wasnt going to work out. But the two in the microwave were awesome, I will definitely make these again!! OH and I followed the recipe exactly and they were done in exactly 6 minutes!"
"I baked a double batch in the oven at 350 for 30 mins and it turned out great."
"I made this recipe yesterday and it was so easy and tasted soooo good. I made severl to give to friends to make. will make this again and again. I see why it won a contest."
"Really don't like meat cooked in the microwave.Could this be cooked in the oven?"
"My bride of 46 years contacted pneumonia so I had to pitch in and make the diners for awhile. This was well enjoyed by my bride and myself and I will surely make it again. I would however add Garlic."