Cheese-Topped Heirloom Tomatoes
This recipe is so easy and simple. I use fresh, local produce from the farmers' market for the best flavor. It's also won $500.00 in a recent cooking competition. Not only does it have 5 ingredients, but it is ready in under 30 minutes.—Laura Davis, Rusk, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 6 large heirloom or beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place spinach and cream cheese in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese.
- Cut each tomato in half widthwise; place on a greased baking sheet. Drizzle oil over tomatoes; top with spinach mixture and remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1/2 tomato: 171 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.