This recipe is so easy and simple. I use fresh, local produce from the farmers' market for the best flavor. It's also won $500.00 in a recent cooking competition. Not only does it have 5 ingredients, but it is ready in under 30 minutes.—Laura Davis, Rusk, Texas
Recommended: 30 Fresh Tomato Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 6 large heirloom or beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place spinach and cream cheese in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese.
- Cut each tomato in half widthwise; place on a greased baking sheet. Drizzle oil over tomatoes; top with spinach mixture and remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cheese-Topped Heirloom Tomatoes in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p22