- 24 medium fresh mushrooms
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup plus 6 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop. Place caps on a foil-lined baking sheet; spritz with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute the shallots and chopped mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, milk, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper. Spoon into reserved mushroom caps. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and spritz with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forCheese-Stuffed Mushrooms
"I thought these mushrooms would be better with an "Italian Flair" instead of using Tarragon. I am not a fan of that herb and used it for the first time to make this recipe. I think substituting oregano in place of the Tarragon would have been better. Maybe use mozarella inplace of the swiss cheese to complement it. I think the Tarragon made it to earthy tasting."
"added bacon to it and it did not last long"