In her kitchen in Swisher, Iowa, Mary Roberts Rathje relies on purchased flour tortillas to form the crust for her easy five-ingredient pizza. "This is such a quick, tasty dish," she promises. "It only takes about half an hour from start to stomach!"
Recommended: Pizza Recipes Across America
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- Place one tortilla on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Top with second tortilla; spread with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with pineapple, ham and remaining cheese. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until tortillas are crisp and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheese-Stuffed Hawaiian Pizza in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p45