Cheese-Stuffed Double Bakers
—LeeAnn Johnson, Joliet, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 1 hour 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large bowl, beat the pulp with sour cream, butter, salt and seasonings. Stir in 3/4 cup each cheddar and mozzarella. Spoon or pipe into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 297 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Double Bakers in Reminisce March/April 2006