Cheese-Stuffed Double Bakers
—LeeAnn Johnson, Joliet, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 1 hour 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large bowl, beat the pulp with sour cream, butter, salt and seasonings. Stir in 3/4 cup each cheddar and mozzarella. Spoon or pipe into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 297 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Double Bakers in Reminisce March/April 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.