- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder and pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the pulp with sour cream, butter, salt and seasonings. Stir in 3/4 cup each cheddar and mozzarella. Spoon or pipe into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCheese-Stuffed Double Bakers
"I made this earlier in the day so that I could pop it in the oven this evening. I got a lot of compliments on it. It came out very nice and quite tasty."