Cheese Sauce for Veggies Recipe
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until the cheese is melted. Serve warm over broccoli or other cooked vegetables. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons: 91 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cheese Sauce for Veggies
"easy recipe...pretty dang good too. I'll totally use this again."
"This is a tasty sauce which really adds zip to a wide variety of vegetables. I did think it was a little thin and will try to thicken it up a little next time."