Cheese Sauce for Veggies
"This tasty cheese sauce, flavored with ground mustard, curry and marjoram, is especially good over broccoli and cauliflower," notes Ruth Bogdanski of Grants Pass, Oregon. "I like to add a sprinkling of crumbled bacon on top."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until the cheese is melted. Serve warm over broccoli or other cooked vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 91 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Cheese Sauce for Veggies in Taste of Home February/March 2003
Aug 6, 2010
easy recipe...pretty dang good too. I'll totally use this again.
Jun 2, 2008
This is a tasty sauce which really adds zip to a wide variety of vegetables. I did think it was a little thin and will try to thicken it up a little next time.