- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 30 slices snack rye bread
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread a rounded tablespoonful over each slice of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCheese Rye Appetizers
"DH and I enjoy appetizers often times as a small meal. These were simple to make and delicious. I am not a fan of olives so when I cut the recipe in half I added 2 artichoke hearts in place of the olives. This recipe could be modified in several ways for picky eaters. As easy as this dish is to make I can see this becoming a family favorite"
"These were tasty. Enjoyed them very much. Will be making these again."
"This is an easy make ahead recipe. There are never any leftovers."