Cheese Ravioli with Zucchini
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 cups julienned zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring cream and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup. Meanwhile, cook ravioli according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes. Add red pepper; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the zucchini, salt and garlic powder; cook for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Keep warm.
- Stir 1/2 cup cheese, basil and parsley into cream sauce; cook for 1 minute. Drain ravioli; add to skillet with cream sauce. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 506 calories, 34g fat (21g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 999mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
May 12, 2016
I added corn and sweet potato and left out the red pepper. Delicious and pretty! Thank you Maria for sharing this recipe.
Nov 20, 2010
Excellent, nothing more needs to be said.
Aug 25, 2010
I made this for my husband and we both loved it. Its a very filling dish and tastes so good. Would defin make this dish again.
Mar 17, 2010
This simple dish was a hit with my family. They have requested I make it again so this recipe is a keeper.
Mar 6, 2009
I make this all the time, it is my favorite. It tastes like your eating at a five star restuarant.
Jul 7, 2008
I made this and it was one of my husband's favorite meals ever! It is best when the sauce is still creamy/liquid. As it sits (or after being refrigerated), the sauce thickens and it isn't quite as good. Excellent use of fresh veggies!