- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the flour, milk and broth.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the milk mixture, cheese, pumpkin, parsley, sage and nutmeg. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain ravioli and stir into sauce. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCheese Ravioli with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
"I thought it turned out a little bland but a good start to add more of my own flavors. I followed the recipe but doubled it since I was makin it for a potluck at work. I added cinnamon, onion flakes, salt, basil and some Parmesan cheese...mmmmm much better! I may use whole milk next time to see if it thickens up better. I'd make it again with my additions. I also opted to not add the nuts due to allergies"
"I also added 1 cup of pumpkin instead of the half a cup the recipe calls for..."
"This was very good. It was a nice change of sauce for the ravioli. Did not use the nutmeg or nuts. I would definately make this again."
"Awesome! This is why I love Taste of Home. I saw the recipe in the magazine and wanted to try it, then took the suggestions of the previous reviewers. I only used 2 cups of liquid (1 chicken broth, 1 milk) and 2 tablespoons of flour. I made the roux the more traditional way, mixing the flour and butter in the pan and then adding the liquid slowly. I also threw in a pinch of red pepper flake. It turned out wonderfully! My husband said it could have been more pumpkin-y so I may add more next time, but otherwise this is a winner!"
"It was just okay. The sauce seemed to be really runny and didn't have much of a pumpkin flavor. I used the recommended 1/2 cup of pumpkin but I don't think it was enough since my sauce was very pale compared to the picture shown."
"This was good but I thought it needed some tweaking. The flavors were a little bland and the sauce very runny. I didnt' care for the way the "rue" was made in this recipe, which I believe made the sauce runnier then it should have been. With some tweaking I think this could be a winner."
"I made some slight adjustments by enhancing the flavor but this will be a keeper. Thanks."