- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, celery and carrot
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the potato, onion, celery, carrot, bouillon and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Stir in mixed vegetables and chicken soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese just until melted (do not boil). Yield: 5 cups.
Reviews forCheese Potato Soup
"I did not make this soup - based on the ingredients alone it does not deserve a 5 star ratingI appreciate the nutrition breakdown! I cook from scratch to increase the nutritional value of my food.Lower the sodium and increase the quality of this soup by using real cheese such as colby jack. Make your own cream soup dry base mix to further lower the sodium content and increase the nutritional value. Use MSG free chicken base.I like the recipe on line that uses mashed potato flakes and thyme - very cost effective to reduce sodium and give up the canned soup route"
"Much, too much sodium. Would not evenattempt. Thanks for the information ahead of time."