Cheese & Pesto Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese. In a small bowl, whisk buttermilk and pesto until blended; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix melted butter and garlic; brush over biscuits. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 175 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 8, 2018
This is probably the best biscuit recipe ever. I was lazy and used a garlic butter spread at the end but otherwise followed it exactly and I will make this one a million times for sure.
Oct 27, 2014
My husband loved these! They are so quick and easy! He likes them almost as much as the red lobster version. Nice twist with the pesto!
Oct 26, 2014
These were easy to make and really good! I even skipped the melted butter step and just added garlic powder to the mixture. Kids liked them too!