Cheese & Parsnip Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 small red potatoes
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, warmed
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Scrub potatoes and cut into 1-in. pieces; place in a large bowl. Add the parsnips, bacon, butter, salt, seasoned salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 40-45 minutes or until parsnips are tender, stirring once.
- In a large bowl, mash the potato mixture with Havarti cheese, Parmesan cheese, cream and chives. Stir in blue cheese.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 334 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 10, 2017
Delicious! I loved this side dish served with the Pork Tenderloin Braids in the picture. The only changes I made were to peel the Yukon Golds and to substitute feta for the blue cheese.
Nov 11, 2014
I wanted to like the directions for these potatoes I really did, I tried to follow them exactly as written twice and the potatoes and parsnips never got cooked enough to make good mashed potatoes. However, change the prep a bit and this mashed potato dish is HEAVEN! I cut the potatoes and parsnips and boil them until parsnips are tender about 20 minutes. Cook your bacon while they boil. Once the bacon is cooked you can crumble it instead of cutting. Then mash with all ingredients except blue cheese and bacon. Stir those in at the end.