Cheese-Olive Cream Puffs
These savory bites always bake up golden brown and delicious. The tasty cheese-and-olive filling goes inside the cooled puffs just before serving. —Arline Hofland, Deer Lodge, Montana
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in sour cream and lemon-pepper. Fold in blue cheese and olives. Fill the cream puffs just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 134 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.