Cheese-Olive Cream Puffs
These savory bites always bake up golden brown and delicious. The tasty cheese-and-olive filling goes inside the cooled puffs just before serving. —Arline Hofland, Deer Lodge, Montana
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in sour cream and lemon-pepper. Fold in blue cheese and olives. Fill the cream puffs just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 134 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cream Puffs in Country Woman Christmas 2010