Cheese Olive Appetizers
Here's a quick way to dress up a hot roll mix. The tender crust smothered in a saucy cheese topping will make company think that you've fussed.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast from hot roll mix in warm water. Add the egg, butter, cheese and poppy seeds. Add flour from mix; blend well. Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Combine topping ingredients; spread over dough.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 242 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 546mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Cheese Olive Appetizers in Country Woman Christmas 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.