Cheese Olive Appetizers
Here's a quick way to dress up a hot roll mix. The tender crust smothered in a saucy cheese topping will make company think that you've fussed.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast from hot roll mix in warm water. Add the egg, butter, cheese and poppy seeds. Add flour from mix; blend well. Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Combine topping ingredients; spread over dough.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 242 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 546mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Cheese Olive Appetizers in Country Woman Christmas 1998