VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast from hot roll mix in warm water. Add the egg, butter, cheese and poppy seeds. Add flour from mix; blend well. Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Combine topping ingredients; spread over dough.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares; serve warm. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cheese Olive Appetizers in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p22