Cheese ‘n’ Egg Pizza Squares
With an easy homemade crust, this family-pleasing pizza makes a delightfully different breakfast for Christmas. It's hard to stop at one slice!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the salt, milk powder and 1-1/2 cups flour; mix well. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Do not knead.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Combine the eggs, cheese, chives and garlic salt; pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares.
Originally published as Breakfast Pizza in Country Woman Christmas 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.