- 3 cups (12 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forCheese Meatballs
"Very dry and tasteless. I had to add an egg to keep the meatball together on the cookie sheet."
"This was killer with venison, loved it."
"These were definitely a winner! I had no leftovers.... That is my goal"
"This recipe is very good if you substitute breakfast sausage instead of ground meat. The spicier the sausage, they better they are."
"This recipe has been a favorite in my family for years. The recipe is exactly the same as this one, except we substitute sausage for the ground beef. They are yummy little treats especially around the holidays!"
"We didn't think much of these, not much flavor and we thought very dry."
"Very good but must be served immediately. The cheese gets hard if they sit out too long. All of my kids loved them!"
"I make this recipe all the time with green onions added to it. I also stuff mushrooms with them and bake they are excellent!!"