- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients; stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. In another bowl, mix marinara sauce and water; spread 3/4 cup sauce onto bottom of a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Fill uncooked manicotti shells with ricotta mixture; arrange over sauce. Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake, covered, 50 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews forCheese Manicotti
"Everyone asked for seconds on this dinner. I think next time I'll add chopped spinach to the cheese mixture for a bit more depth in the flavor."
"The entire family enjoyed this Cheesy Manicotti. I prepared it exactly as instructed, using a lower fat version of ricotta and pre-chopped onions and the recipe came together quickly. I also used a piping bag to fill the shells which made it super easy. It really is a delicious comfort food that will be appearing in my menu plan again in the near future!"