Cheese Frenchy Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing Cook: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices bread
- 8 slices process American cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 25 crackers)
- Oil for frying
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread. Top four slices with two cheese slices. Top with remaining bread, mayonnaise side down. Cut each sandwich into four triangles.
- In a bowl, beat the egg, milk and salt. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture, then roll in cracker crumbs. Wrap in foil and freeze for up to 1 month.
- In a skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry a few frozen sandwiches at a time for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 15, 2018
These were OK. Not something I'd make again, though. Grilled cheese is already fried, so I'm not sure what they should be fried in a lot of oil. Texture was a little off for me.
Oct 6, 2011
These are somewhat like our Monte Crista's.Can't wait to try as I am such a cheese/crispy lover.
Sep 10, 2011
oops, forgot to click on star,Amy Council Bluffs Iowa
Sep 10, 2011
oh yum...as a teen in Lincoln Nebr. we hung out at Kings Restaurant, Cheese Frenchy Sandwich were their speciality..can't go buy one now so will make them! AmyJo