The convenience of frozen bread dough and dried herbs makes this treat about as easy as it gets. To boost fiber, you can also use frozen whole wheat bread dough. Sharon Delaney-Chronis - South Milwaukee, WI
Recommended: Our Favorite Eggplant Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16x11-in. rectangle. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly. Spread with butter. Sprinkle with paprika, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Prick the dough several times with a fork; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Cheese Flatbread in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p60
Reviews forCheese Flatbread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2009
"Hi,Click the "View this recipe now" link in the initial post. This is an automated post that takes comments from a recipe's detail page and adds them to the forum. The recipe in its entirity will not appear here, but rather on the page that you go to after clicking "View this recipe now."Erik "
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2009
"I really would like to make this and a few other recipes, but the ingredients are missing!!! Please run the recipes with missing ingredients again!! Thank you!:)"