- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella or Muenster cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), melted
- In a bowl, combine the egg, egg white, ricotta and parsley. Stir in mozzarella; set aside. Unroll phyllo dough; cut the stack of sheets in half widthwise. Place one sheet of phyllo dough in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; brush with butter. Repeat nine times (keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap to avoid drying out).
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over top. Layer with remaining dough, brushing butter on every other sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares or triangles. Yield: 16-20 appetizer servings.
Reviews forCheese Boereg
"Made for a large group of people and rated excellent by all."