- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella or Muenster cheese
- 10 sheets phyllo dough (18x14 inches)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, egg white, ricotta and parsley. Stir in mozzarella cheese; set aside.
- Unroll phyllo dough; cut the stack of sheets in half widthwise. Place one sheet of phyllo dough in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; brush with butter. Repeat nine times (keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap to avoid drying out).
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over top. Layer with remaining dough, brushing butter on every other sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into triangles or squares. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews forCheese Boereg
"Made for a large group of people and rated excellent by all."