Cheese Blue Cornmeal Crackers
I found this recipe in an old whole-grain cookbook and changed it to suit our tastes, adding various spices and sesame seeds and replacing the salt and pepper. Now it's a family favorite, and I'm always asked for "my versions"!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup old-fashioned whole oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup blue cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In bowl, beat the cheeses, butter, milk, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Stir in the oats, flour, cornmeal and sesame seeds. Shape dough into a 12-in. roll; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut into 1/8-in. slices. Place on baking sheets (lightly greased or lined with parchment paper); bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Remove immediately to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 64 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cheese Blue Cornmeal Crackers in Country February/March 1990