"My husband and I and our friends from church love to dig into this creamy, savory cheese ball," says Shelby Finger of Hickory, North Carolina. "It's an appealing addition to any snack buffet."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices (3/4 ounce each) fat-free sharp cheddar cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup minced fully cooked lean ham
- Fresh vegetables or reduced-fat crackers
- In a bowl, beat the cheeses. Add onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Shape into a ball and roll in ham. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with vegetables or crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 24 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat.
Originally published as Onion Cheese Ball in Taste of Home December/January 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.