You'll have a ball with this dish! To fix it, you top a standard salad with crafty little cheese nuggets you make yourself. Details Elaine Arnold of Chatham, Ontario, "I was bored with the ordinary salad I'd been serving for years, so I added the cheese balls. They sure spiced it up!"—Elaine Arnold, Chatham, Ontario
Recommended: 50 Easy Cheese Appetizers for a Crowd
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced chives or green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 8 to 10 cups torn salad greens
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 4 radishes, sliced
- Italian salad dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Shape into 1/2-in. balls; roll into walnuts. Just before serving, combine the salad greens, cucumber and radishes in a large salad bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Top with cheese balls. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cheese Ball Salad in Country Woman July/August 1996, p30