I make a variation of my mom's cheese ball recipe every Christmas and throughout the year, too. It's one of my daughter's favorite appetizers. I changed it from a traditional cheese ball into a roll up to make it a fun finger food. All the cheeses create an intensely flavorful bite. If you choose to mold a mixture into a ball, garnish with additional chopped walnuts. —Marsha Warner, Folsom, California
Recommended: 37 Marvelous Meatball Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, mix the first eight ingredients until blended. Spread over tortillas; sprinkle with walnuts. Roll up tightly; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, unwrap and cut each tortilla crosswise into 10 slices. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Cheese Ball Roll-Ups in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p94