Homemade breadsticks don't get any easier than these cheesy gems with a hint of garlic from our Test Kitchen. For a fancier look, try twisting the dough before baking.
Recommended: Our All-Time Best Pizzas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, cheese, onion and garlic powder. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll into a 4-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Cut lengthwise into four strips. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter. Yield: 4 breadsticks.
Originally published as Cheesy Onion Breadsticks in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p47
Reviews forCheese and Onion Breadsticks
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2011
"Not that great."