With herbs from the garden to use, I created a quiche with basil, parsley and dill along with feta, Swiss, Gruyere and mozzarella. Goat cheese is also yummy. —Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
Featured In: 57 Recipes with Fresh Herbs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere or additional Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Sprinkle cheeses into pastry shell. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream until blended. Stir in herbs; pour over top.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheese and Fresh Herb Quiche in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015