Cheese and Broccoli Soup
This is a colorful soup! The orange carrots contrast nicely with the green broccoli. It's made in the microwave. -Jean Pare`, Vermilion, Alberta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup water, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine carrots and 2 tablespoons water. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir. Cover and cook 2 minutes longer or until tender. Add broccoli. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes; stir. Cover and cook 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in milk.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, bouillon, salt and pepper; stir in remaining water until smooth. Stir into broccoli mixture. Cover and microwave on high for 6-7 minutes or until mixture is boiling and thickened, stirring every minute. Stir in cheese until melted.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Jan 26, 2013
Its just "ok"...I added fettucine noodle too.
Oct 8, 2012
Very yummy soup!! Did it on the stove too.
Oct 17, 2010
I love this recipe! Although, I do cook mine on the stove !