Cheese & Red Pepper Latkes Recipe
These zesty latkes combine three cheeses with a handful of garlic and a colorful burst of red peppers. Shred the potatoes the night before to make dinner easier. —Christine Montalvo, Windsor Heights, Iowa
- 3 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 medium sweet red peppers, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 18 medium garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions and red peppers in butter until tender. Add 1/4 cup garlic, celery salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the potatoes, cheeses, flour, sour cream and remaining garlic; mix well.
- 3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 3 dozen.
3 potato pancakes: 451 calories, 30g fat (12g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 699mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Cheese & Red Pepper Latkes
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC