- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese. In a small bowl, whisk buttermilk and pesto until blended; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix melted butter and garlic; brush over biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forCheese & Pesto Biscuits
"These were easy to make and really good! I even skipped the melted butter step and just added garlic powder to the mixture. Kids liked them too!"